PUBH1030 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Vertical Jump

52 views3 pages
PE Lecture 4
The deelopet of hildes fudaetal oeet skills FM“ is a sigifiat step toads
establishing a lifelong commitment to health & physical activity
FMS are the building blocks for the wide range of sports & physical activities offered in our
community
What are FMS?
They are the skills which children need to participate successfully in all types of games, physical
activities & sports. *FMS can be categorised into 3 groups: *Locomotor relating to skills involving
locomotion (i.e., movement) *Non-locomotor related to skills that do not involve movement
*Manipulative relating to manipulation of an implement or object (e.g., a bat or ball)
Loooto= • “pit u • Vetial jup • Hop • “ide gallop • “kip • Leap • Dodge
Non-locomotor= * Static balance
Manipulative= * Catch * Overarm throw * Kick * Two-handed strike
Why teach FMS
*Without proficiency in skills like throwing, catching, kicking, leaping and balancing students are less
likely to explore the range of options available to them & maintain an active lifestyle *Research
shows that children who are competent in FMS are more likely to enjoy sports & activities and
develop a lifelong commitment to physical activity
The Physical Activity and Skills Study Is there a relationship between FMS proficiency during
childhood and *FMS proficiency *perceived sports competence *fitness *physical activity during
adolescence? Being skilled as a child leads to being more active, more fit and having a better physical
self-perception as a teenager
Best eidee to date!! *We foud stog eidee fo a positie assoiatio etee FM“
opete ad phsial atiit i hilde ad adolesets. *Thee as also a positie
relationship between FMS competency and cardio-respiratory fitness and an inverse association
etee FM“ opete ad eight status.
How do children develop FMS? *The development of movement skills occur sequentially *FMS are
learned skills that must be taught & practiced *Children also need to be provided with:
*Developmentally appropriate activities & equipment *Visual demonstrations of a skill *Instruction
& feedback *A variety of activities (fun & challenging) * Encouragement *A safe & positive learning
environment
1. The Novice Performer *Has no clear concept of an ideal performance / uncertainty *Unable
to process much information *Unable to focus attention upon important component of the
skill seletie attetio *Uses / astes a lot of eeg *Iosistet / high eo ate
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

The de(cid:448)elop(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of (cid:272)hild(cid:396)e(cid:374)(cid:859)s fu(cid:374)da(cid:373)e(cid:374)tal (cid:373)o(cid:448)e(cid:373)e(cid:374)t skills (cid:894)fm (cid:895) is a sig(cid:374)ifi(cid:272)a(cid:374)t step to(cid:449)a(cid:396)ds establishing a lifelong commitment to health & physical activity. Fms are the building blocks for the wide range of sports & physical activities offered in our community. They are the skills which children need to participate successfully in all types of games, physical activities & sports. *fms can be categorised into 3 groups: *locomotor relating to skills involving locomotion (i. e. , movement) *non-locomotor related to skills that do not involve movement. *manipulative relating to manipulation of an implement or object (e. g. , a bat or ball) Lo(cid:272)o(cid:373)oto(cid:396)= p(cid:396)i(cid:374)t (cid:396)u(cid:374) ve(cid:396)ti(cid:272)al ju(cid:373)p hop ide gallop kip leap dodge. Manipulative= * catch * overarm throw * kick * two-handed strike. Being skilled as a child leads to being more active, more fit and having a better physical self-perception as a teenager.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers