LAWS 2908 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Scale-Invariant Feature Transform, Obiter Dictum, Ratio Decidendi

130 views7 pages
14 Oct 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

Eleemnts in case report and structure of full text of judicial decision. The (cid:862)f(cid:396)o(cid:374)t (cid:373)atte(cid:396)(cid:863) (cid:894)thi(cid:374)gs at f(cid:396)o(cid:374)t of the page(cid:895) o(cid:396) feel i(cid:374)fo alo(cid:374)g (cid:449)ith (cid:396)esea(cid:396)(cid:272)h a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)de(cid:454)i(cid:374)g tools: citation, names of the parties, what is an intervenor. Legal categories of parties: court, level of court, name of judges, data of the hearing and decision, catchwords, headnote. Febles v canada case: top of the page citation, different citations by diff authorities/languages, name of parties usually at top . appellant vs respondent (not initial version it has been appealed before, what level of court were at. Index essentially: allow us to determine if case will be relevant to us, headnote can be lengthy. Summary: decision, cases cited, concurring opinion and dissent. It is created by reporters publishers/ editors of reporters: helpful for us to index the case and knowing if it is relevant.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers