NEUR 1201 Lecture 6: Immune system

15 views3 pages

Document Summary

Easily feeling the physical effects of acute stress on our bodies. Immune cells circulate throughout the blood stream and act where needed. Stress response affects the function of the brain and every organ in the body. chronic stress on our body, it becomes noticeable in more subtle ways. Stress has a large psychological component, it"s an example of the mind affecting the body. Behaviour and physiology of sick people changes dramatically. They tend to ignore food and drinks, lose interest in social interaction, have excess or fragmented sleep, feel depressed and irritable, have impaired attention and memory. Behavioral and cognitive changes that accompany physical illness are termed sickness behaviour. Study of the interaction between the mind, brain and immune system. O(cid:374)e"s ps(cid:455)(cid:272)hologi(cid:272)al state (cid:272)a(cid:374) i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)t (cid:449) the i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)e s(cid:455)ste(cid:373) a(cid:374)d the i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)e s(cid:455)ste(cid:373) (cid:272)a(cid:374) i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)t with the brain. Brain and immune system therefore have bidirectional communication. (two-way street) Human body is a warm, moist and nutritive environment.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers