PSYC 1001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Classical Conditioning, Coulrophobia, Reinforcement

73 views11 pages

Document Summary

Learning & conditioning: learning, relatively durable or permanent change in i. ii. iii. iv. Attitude: acquired through experience and not due to maturation, illness, injury i. (infants don"t learn to walk, conditioning = learning" by behavioural psychologists i. Less focus on cognitive abilities: classica l conditioning conditioning pavlov"s meat powder, the ucs is a stimulus that elicits an unconditioned response without previous i. ii. iii. The ucr is an unlearned reaction to a ucs that occurs without previous conditioning salivating. The cs is a previously neutral stimulus that has acquired the capacity to elicit a conditioned responsethe sound of a tone. The cr is a learned reaction to a conditioned stimulus salivating to the tone: history i. ii. Classical conditioning explains how a neutral stimulus can acquire the capacity to elicit (or draw forth) a response originally elicited by another stimulus.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers