PSY 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Mental Rotation, Sensation Seeking, Standard Deviation

41 views4 pages

Document Summary

On the contrary, it is a practice of improvisation within a science of constraint. One is always doing with or for another, even if the other is only imaginary. What i call my own gender appears perhaps at times as something that i author or, indeed, own. Gender polarization: tendency to regard m&f as opposites, reflects traditional stereotypes, what is evidence for this view, parents are more likely to focus on the intelligence of focusing on their sons and the physical appearance of their daughters. Is my son a genius: start with intelligence. It"s hardly surprising that parents of young children are often excited at the thought that their child may be gifted. Is my child 2-year-old," the most common next word is gifted. " but this question is not asked equally about young boys and young girls. Standardized m differences: d= mm mf. Gender similarities hypothesis: cognitive (math, 3d mental rotation) moderate difference, communication (verbal/nonverbal, social/personality (physical aggression/leadership/gregariousness and conscientiousness)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers