PSYC 2450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Attachment In Adults, Attachment Theory, Therapeutic Relationship

31 views3 pages

Document Summary

Attachment & development: attachments as reciprocal relationships, how do infants become attached, theories(psychoanalytic, learning, cog, ethological, current attachment theory, attachment-related fears [link w/ emotions] One of the most promising theories of: Sec: it is easy for me to become emotionally close to others. I am comfortable depending on them and having them depend on me. I don"t worry about being alone or having others not accept me. Preoccupied/anxious: i want to be completely emotionally intimate with others, but i often find that others are reluctant to get as close as i would like. I am uncomfortable being without close relationships, but i sometimes worry that others don"t value me as much as i value them. Dismissing/avoidant: i am comfortable without close emotional relationships. It is very important to me to feel independent and self-sufficient, and i prefer not to depend on others or have others depend on me. Fearful: i am uncomfortable getting close to others.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers