PSYC 1070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Explanatory Style, Job Performance, Psych

64 views4 pages

Document Summary

In uncertain times, i usually expect the best 0. If something can go wrong for me, it will 2 2. I"m usually always optimistic about my future 1. I hardly ever expect things to go my way 4 0. I rarely count on good things happening to me 3 1. 5: overall, on average, i expect more good things will happen to me in the future than negative 3, a measure of the continuum of optimism-pessimism. Steps for scoring the lot : reverse the numbers you placed in answer to statements 2,4,5 (ex. The positive psychology of having strong dreams and aspirations: career/work goals, school/educational goals, family goals, social and romantic goals, civic/community goals, medical health goals, personal growth/wellness goals. Lecture outline: orientation, optimism, optimistic explanatory style, hope. Research with lot: research documents the positive consequences of high lot scores, better functioning in academics, athletics, physical health, social relationships, and job performance. **maybe happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers