Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology

91 views10 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

Most research in this subfield involves laboratory experiments, often with nonhuman animals. Industrial-organizational (i/o) psychology e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)es people"s (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour in the workplace. I/o psychologists study leadership, teamwork, and factors that influence e(cid:373)plo(cid:455)ees" jo(cid:271) satisfa(cid:272)tio(cid:374), (cid:449)ork motivation, and performance: personality psychology focuses on the study of human personality. Personality psychologists seek to identify core personality traits and how different traits relate to one another and influence behaviour: social psychology e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)es people"s thoughts, feeli(cid:374)gs, a(cid:374)d (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iour pertai(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to the social world: the world of other people. Is our behaviour shaped by nature (our biological endowment) or nurture (environment and learning history): biological capacities affect how we behave, and experiences influences our biological capacities. Table 1. 3 | comparison of six major perspectives on human behaviour. The human as controlled by inner forces and conflicts. Unconscious motives, conflicts, and defences; early childhood experiences and unresolved conflicts. Past learning experiences and the stimuli and behavioural consequences that exist in the current environment.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers