Psychology 2075 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Operant Conditioning, American Society Of Landscape Architects, Running Amok

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

Sara was in a shopping mall when it first happened, she felt her heart pounding, and she felt an indiscernible sense of doom. She got in her car and drove home, after several similar incidents, she is afraid to leave her home. Jim: one day i knew aliens had taken over the bodies of by neighbors, and i knew they were planning on killing me. I didn"t the only reasonable thing, i bought a gun and i fought back . Part 1: what is a psychological disorder: abnormal thoughts, feelings and behavior, what is abnormal, deviation from normal, dysfunctional (maladaptive, causes personal distress (suffering) The three d"s define psychological disorder: deviant, dysfunctional, and distressing: problems with this definition. Definitions of what are normal and abnormal are influenced by cultural norms and values. There are cultures where hearing voices is considered normal, and other cultures where that is not normal. Can change over time within a culture ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers