GER 1791 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Theodo Of Bavaria, Group 47, Nuremberg Trials

33 views6 pages
27 Feb 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

Why were the majority of the modern literary fairy tales censored and banned in nazi. 1933: hitler became the chancellor of germany. Every aspect of cultural activity was rapidly integrated into a tightly organized system of direction and control. Three separate censorship authorities controlled literary production and access to works from other countries. By 1936 analytical criticism and evaluation were formally abolished by the propaganda minister josef goebbels in favor of a purely interpretative art report which would simply pay tribute to and describe a work of art. Abolished in favour of a truly art. Prevents the state from other cultures, which did not fit into the nazi ideology. For literature, this was exemplified by a series of public bonfires in which the works of banned and undesirable authors were burned. For the visual arts, the medium took the form of traditional exhibitions, none more (cid:374)oto(cid:396)ious tha(cid:374) the displa(cid:455) of (cid:862)dege(cid:374)e(cid:396)ate a(cid:396)t(cid:863) (cid:373)ou(cid:374)ted i(cid:374) mu(cid:374)i(cid:272)h i(cid:374) 19(cid:1007)7.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers