PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Iceberg, Confirmation Bias, Cognitive Therapy

17 views3 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Todays agenda: the cognitive revolution, reasoning, deductive b. Emphazie ways in which you know things and the pitfalls in reasoning. I think therefore i am - descartes: cognitive psychologists. Study reasoning, judgements, decision making and problem solving: cognitive therapy. Cognition determines emotion the basis of cognitive therapy. You must become the master of your own thinking. This is the only way you will realize freedom and joy . What kinds of evidence d we look for before we believe it is true: three forms of validation: Authority (spiritual authority, history book authority , historians, scientists,) Considered by the renaissance scholars to be the most reliable source of knowledge. Inductive reasoning (ex the sun will rise tomorrow for sure. Deductive reasoning (ex all humans have a stomach, i am a human so i have a stomach too. Scientific approach (we use microscopes to observe planetary movements, animal bodies etc to come up with some basis of understanding and knowing what exists.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers