PSYC 3420 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Modern Synthesis (20Th Century), Gregor Mendel, Guppy

91 views3 pages

Document Summary

Gregor mendel: experimented with selection by breeding pea plants and observed, traits blend in a continuously. *intelligence has the highest heritability trait when measuring heritability coefficients* (these stats are never 100% which suggests that genetic factors are always interacting with environmental factors) Law of segregation- only 1 pair of parental hereditary units (alleles) is passed on to each of the offspring. *you can formulate test hypotheses in this top-down fashion* *but how would you test a hypothesis in a bottom-up fashion (reverse engineering): you can make educated guesses on the design of the mechanism based on the task at hand. Over: (cid:894)me(cid:374)del(cid:859)s ratios (cid:374)eeded so(cid:373)e re(cid:448)isio(cid:374)(cid:895) (cid:374)e(cid:449) (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) of genes with each generation; If environments change, asexual populations are less able to adapt and likelier to go extinct (i. e. , parasites: to increase genetic diversity. What are the sources of variation: gene flow: the transfer of alleles or genes from one population to another.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers