JOU 3367 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Pope Gregory Viii, Negative Campaigning, Gilded Age

50 views2 pages

Document Summary

What"s good for me is good for you. Pr goes back to the greeks they created the art of persuasion and clearly defined rhetoric. Rich people could reserve the coliseum and put on a show (i. e. recreating naval battles) Long, straight streets for parades after victories battles. 1600s europe pope gregory viii created college of propaganda to help grow and spread the. Royal courts were for pr look at how rich and powerful i am . 1641 u. s. harvard created the first advertising campaign to boost endowment for grown. American revolution exemplified pr campaign that created a movement to win a war they were great communicators. 1800s u. s. andrew jackson hired a pr person (journalism) to write his speeches, correspondences, etc. Davy crockett created his persona when he was running for congress. Farnham circus was all about pr they travelled from town to town (held parades like romans) and created fake acts.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers