PSY 245 Lecture Notes - Lecture 29: Thought Insertion, Thought Disorder, Jerky

5 views2 pages
9 Dec 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Schizophrenia is characterized by positive symptoms involving disturbances in thinking and expression of thoughts through coherent, meaningful speech. Aberrant thinking may be found in both the content and form of thought. Delusions of persecution- the cia is out to get me. Delusions of reference- everyone is talking about me. Delusions of being controlled- the devil"s controlling my thoughts and actions. Delusions of grandeur- believing oneself to be jesus or believing one is on a special mission. Other commonly occurring delusions include the external world so that others can overhear them. Thought broadcasting- believing one"s thoughts are somehow transmitted to. Thought insertion- believing one"s thoughts have been planted in one"s mind. Thought withdrawal- believing that thoughts have been removed from one"s. Unless we are engaged in daydreaming or purposefully letting our thoughts wander, by an external source mind our thoughts tend to be tightly knit together. The connections (or associations) between our thoughts tend to be logical and coherent.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers