ANTH 011 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Nuclear Dna, Eukaryote, Prokaryote

7 views3 pages

Document Summary

Found in multicellular organisms animals, plants, fungi, and protist. Thread like structures located inside the nucleus of animal and plant cells. Each chromosome is made of protein and a single molecule of dna. Passes from parents to offspring, dna contains the specific instructions that make each type of living creature unique. Cellular power plants- generate most of cell"s energy. Contains separate type of dna inside the mitochondria, mitochondrial dna (mtdna) that is circular in form. Dna contained within a nucleus of eukaryotic organisms. The look of the chromosomes in the body. One maternal and one paternal chromosome together. Diploid has complete sets of chromosomes, or two from each parent. Haploid has just one set, or 23 total. A cell replicates itself into two identical daughter cells. Process is interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase, and. Basic same process as mitosis but the cell goes through a second cell division. Interphase, prophase i, metaphase i, anaphase i, telophase i, then cytokinesis.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers