PLS 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Dianne Feinstein, De Jure, Social Contract

42 views6 pages

Document Summary

What is the definition of political science, the art and science and government; a. i. a. ii. The science of who gets what, when, and how . The art of looking for trouble, finding everywhere, diagnosing incorrectly, and applying wrong remedies : what are the different types of government, anarchy a. i. No government, chaos: monarchy b. i. b. ii. b. iii. Need a son/heir to avoid civil war: aristocracy c. i. Rule by religion, edicts, clerics: democracy g. i. Government w/ consent of the people: what are the 2 basic types of democracy, direct democracy a. i. People vote on policy initiatives directly: republic b. i. Freedoms a. i. 1. a. i. 1. a. a. i. 1. b. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. a. i. 4. a. i. 5. Petition: what is the name of the first constitution, articles of confederation (1777, ratified 1781, what historical event sparked the final constitution, shay"s rebellion (1786, final us constitution ratified 1789, what is the, slaves are counted as. Freedom of speech, privacy, religion: what are civil rights, rights to legal, social, and economic equality a. i.