GEOG 441 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Noachis Terra, Margaritifer Terra, Arabia Terra

22 views2 pages
1 Apr 2020
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Terra sab a is a heavily battered low albedo landscape located northwest of the. Hellas planitia rim and wrapping around syrtis major to its east. It shows a wide range of crater sizes, again in nearly saturated profusion, as well as a number of late noachian fluvial valley networks. Terra sab a, of all the noachian regions, seems underrepresented as a setting for particular investigations, as i found out when i did my secondary crater prospecting study there. Arabia terra northwest of hellas planitia, north of noachis terra, and east of chryse. Crater density is so great here, vying with noachis terra for the greatest densities on the planet, that superposition breaks down as a method of picking out the oldest craters. The region is bounded to the north by the transition scarp down to the northern. Lowlands but, here, it is far less distinct and more fretted and intricately graded than it is in other parts of mars.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers