ANT E101 Lecture 5: Ant E 101 - Class 5 (Spring)

21 views3 pages
28 Sep 2020
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mitosis is cell division in somatic cells. Occurs during growth and repair/replacement of tissues. The result of mitosis is two identical daughter cells, which are genetically identical to the original cells (2 diploid cells) Prophase - chromosome visible with 2 (identical) sister chromatids. Metaphase - chromosomes line up single file along equator of the cell. Telophase - results in two daughter cells (diploid), with identical copies of genetic material. Characterized by two rounds of division that result in four daughter cells, each of which contains 23 chromosomes (4 haploid cells) in humans. Fertilization restores the full complement of chromosomes (diploid number of 46) to the zygote. Prophase i - *crossing over (genetic recombination) Crossing over results in the reshuffling of genetic information that originated from the individual"s mother and father. Metaphase i - chromosomes align in homologous pairs; random. Result of meiosis division i assortment of chromosome members with respect to either side of the equator.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers