PSYC 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Prefrontal Cortex, Limbic System, Mental Model

24 views3 pages
27 Feb 2019
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Conflict in petty things- not over arching themes. Time spent with parents actually stays pretty similar throughout all of puberty. Why hit puberty at 12, conflict starts to rise. By end of adolescence conflict decreases due to brain maturation, ability to suppress limbic system, prefrontal cortex is working. Parents may also not argue as much with children: adolescents and parents view problems of society similarity- fights about ptty things. If baby isn"t happy that parent is back, then something may be wrong: secure pattern, avoidant pattern- avoid parent when they return/ don"t really care. If parent doesn"t pay attention to kid when they are present, the kid won"t care when they leave: ambivalent pattern- only happens when there is instability in parent child relationship. Tell me what ou ike about me- don"t leave me: resilience- bad parent child relationship does not mean child is doomed- the child can gain skills to have healthy relationsiips.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers