BIOL 1117 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: White Adipose Tissue, Brown Adipose Tissue, Adipose Tissue

12 views5 pages

Document Summary

Anatomy + physiology: major components of the cells, plasma cell membrane. Surrounds the cells i: made of proteins and lipids, cytoplasm i. Internal structures in cells that carry out metabolic tasks: membranous organelles i. One or two layers of unit membrane: major organelles, nucleus i. ii. Nuclear envelope: nuclear pores formed by protein rings iii. Nucleoplasm: chromatin - composed of dna and proteins, nucleolus - ribosome production, endoplasmic reticulum i. Smooth: synthesizes lipids and proteins, detoxifies drugs//alcohol, makes cell membranes ii. Rough: produces phospholipids and proteins, synthesizes packaged proteins, ribosomes i. ii. Lack a cell membrane and are composed of proteins and rna. Read genetic messengers (messenger rna) to turn amino acids into proteins: golgi complex i. ii. iii. Packages the proteins into golgi vesicles: mitochondria i. Energy is extracted from organic molecules to create energy: krebs cycle, oxidized glucose, cytoskeleton i. ii. Cytoskeleton: shape and structure, fibrous connective tissue i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers