SOCL 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Attachment Theory

43 views2 pages

Document Summary

Karina da rosa: groups, networks and institutions, social order i. Social life is not random but rather is organized: patterns of social organization create institutions ii. iii. Structure influences how we think, behave and feel. Linked to key outcomes: social life is connected to success or failure of companies, distribution of opportunity, growth of industries and regions, depends on how things are economically set up, diffusion of disease, begin with groups i. ii. Demonstration of power as an influence over individuals. Distinctions: primary vs secondary, primary : all encompassing and intimate i. Families: secondary : know small details of one another i. Ingroup vs outgroup: no sense of community without exclusion, dominant vs minority, large groups that envelop the entire community, centralized and formalized structure, you cannot have one without another, power of organization i. Good people do bad things: atlanta school cheating scandal, professors were cheating to receive more funding, unanticipated consequences i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers