POL-UA 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: First Continental Congress, Executive Order 13768, Continental Congress

66 views8 pages

Document Summary

Enhancing public safety in the interior of the united states. A(cid:374)y (cid:374)e(cid:449)s (cid:396)epo(cid:396)ts of i(cid:374)te(cid:396)est to the (cid:272)lass se(cid:374)d the(cid:373) alo(cid:374)g. The equilibrium is either qwerty or dvorak, based on simple payoffs. O it"s i(cid:374) the interest to do the same thing. Even though betamax was technically superior, either equilibrium could be adopted. The equilibrium is suboptimal, where both countries maintain current levels of emissions. That"s (cid:449)hy (cid:449)e (cid:374)eed i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)s to push to(cid:449)a(cid:396)ds a (cid:271)ette(cid:396) out(cid:272)o(cid:373)e. Individuals have an incentive not to contribute to a collective effort, yet enjoy the benefits of that effort. In 1780 the continental army is on berge of collapse. As early as 1600s, there are legislatures that write laws. Control of purse strings allowed dominance of other institutions. Sowed the seeds for politicians having the necessary experience for later on. Experience locally but not of collective action between colonies. The british more or less negotiated with these colonies differently.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers