ECON 2001.01 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Tesla Model X, Marginal Cost, Opportunity Cost

46 views2 pages
blackbuffalo693 and 67 others unlocked
ECON 2001.01 Full Course Notes
ECON 2001.01 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
57 documents

Document Summary

Chapter 2: trade-offs, comparative advantage and the market system. Tesla makes model s (sedan) and model x (cuv) i. ii. iii. Due to scarcity, choices must be made - trade-offs a. i. ii. Resources used for one activity cannot be used for another. Use ppf to analyze choices people make b. c. d. e. A curve showing the maximum attainable combinations of two products that may be produced with available resources and current technology. Inefficient use of resources a. b. c. d. Opportunity cost - the highest valued alternative that must be given up to engage in an activity. Ppf can be straight or bowed away i. ii. When ppf is bowed outward, increasing the production of one product involves sacrificing increasing amounts of the alternative product = increasing marginal cost. The more resources you have already devoted = smaller the payoff from using additional resources. Land, capital, labor, entrepreneurship i. ii. iii. iv.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers