GEOG 1200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Post-Fordism, Postmodern Architecture, Interchangeable Parts

46 views5 pages
18 Jun 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Four revolutions: the evolution and dynamics of global core-periphery relationships. Neolithic revolution: what was it, the domestication of plants and animals a. i. Large scale organized agriculture: the development of large, urban societies, the development of world-empires in regions where this occurred. Ex: horse and a donkey together created a mule, that humans did that: where and when did it occur, the orthodox theory : a. i. Independent invention in several areas of the world from around 8,000 to. Agriculture as a result of forced change due to stress (climate change, over population, ect. ) a. iii. Most scholars agree on this theory: carl o. saucer"s theory: b. i. Diffusion from one hearth area in southeast asia perhaps as early as 20,000 years ago b. ii. Agricultural development the result of lack of stress b. iii. Not important: what changes did it engender, highly stratified urban societies based upon the appropriation of agricultural surplus from the peasantry by an elite, aristocratic class (class-based division of labor b.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers