HIST 1103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Herbert Hoover, Andrew Mellon, Consumerism

39 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The 1920s: normalcy, hoover and the great depression. Introduction: theme: nation turns away from internationalism and government regulation associated with world war one, republican party in power, questions to think about c. i. What is meant by normalcy? what was the attitude of the. The essence of normalcy: espoused in election of 1920, return to pre-world war i values, conservatism and limited government human ills are not curable by legislature. Applying a very conservative approach to government that would restore the united states" economic assumption before wwi: the economics of normalcy d. i. Role of andrew mellon secretary of the treasury in the harding, Trickle down theory the tax burden on the wealthy and on businesses ought to be reduced. What the wealthy don"t pay in taxes, they can invest and grow the economy. The 1920s: an era of prosperity: the boom of the twenties a. i. Employment and wages unemployment was virtually nonexistent.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers