LE 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Rural School Districts In Washington, Constitution Of Washington

30 views1 pages

Document Summary

Facts: the wahkiakum school district as a policy for all student athletes, they must agree to be randomly drug tested as a condition of playing extracurricular sports. History: the plaintiff"s first order was denied by superior court. Plaintiff filed another lawsuit to see of the wahkiakum school district"s policy 3515 was constitutional. Rule: article i section 7 of the washington state constitution: no person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law. The fourth amendment of the us constitution: the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures. Issue: whether random and suspicion less drug testing of student athletes violates article i, section 7 of the washington state constitution. Holding: the school district"s policy 3515 is unconstitutional and violates student athlete"s rights secured by article i, section 7. Reasoning: there was a two-part analysis to their holding.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers