NUR 424 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Cytotoxic T Cell, Hematopoietic Stem Cell, National Council Licensure Examination

36 views6 pages
25 Oct 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Syndrome: wiskott-aldrich syndrome thrombocytopenia and t and b cell absence. Review of the immune system: function is to defend against infection and invasion by other organisms, natural immunity. Immunodeficiency disorders: may be caused by a defect in or a deficiency of phagocytic cells, b lymphocytes, t lymphocytes, or the complement system, the cardinal symptoms of immunodeficiency include: Infections caused by unusual organisms or organisms that are normal body flora, Pri(cid:373)ary i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)odeficie(cid:374)cy"s (happe(cid:374) a lot i(cid:374) pediatrics: represent inborn errors of immune function that predispose people to frequent, severe infections, autoimmunity and cancer. The majority of primary i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)odeficie(cid:374)cy"s are diagnosed in infancy, with a male to female ratio of 5 to 1: common primary i(cid:373)(cid:373)u(cid:374)odeficie(cid:374)cy"s include, disorders of humoral immunity (affecting b-cell differentiation or antibody production) T- cell deficits: combined b and t cell defects, phagocytic disorders, complement deficiencies. Almost all genetic in origin and affect the natural (innate) immune system. Person cannot initiate a normal inflammatory response against pathogenic organisms.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers