01:830:333 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: David Elkind, Broken Pencil, Imaginary Audience

59 views4 pages

Document Summary

Cognitive changes: metacognition (thinking about your thinking, monitoring one"s own cognitive activity during thinking. Ie: when i go to a specific place, i feel really anxious. Increased self-consciousness: thinking that others are thinking of us. Personal fable idea developed by david elkind. Experiences are unique everything you live through, no one has ever lived through before. So people believe that nothing bad can happen to them because they are special. Ie: two people have sex even though they didn"t have any birth control don"t think that any bad things could happen to them and they don"t think they can get stds or pregnant. Imaginary audience: believe that everyone is watching, behavior is the focus of other"s concern, thinking in multiple dimensions, ability to view things from more than one aspect at a time. Understand double-entendres sayings that have double meanings that are sexual ie: if i said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me? .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers