BIOL 110-111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Reticular Fiber, Elastic Fiber, Epithelium

46 views3 pages

Document Summary

Why are epithelial and connective tissues found adjacent to each other? d. i. Collagen fibers strong, bundled together, found in tendons and ligaments a. i. 2. Elastic fibers stretchable, able to stretch and return back to original size a. i. 3. Reticular fibers - support, forms internal framework a. ii. Ground substance: classification of connective tissue, mature connective tissue a. i. Loose- fibers are loosely packed in tissue a. ii. Dense- fibers are densely packed in tissue a. iii. Reticular found near soft internal organs such as the liver a. vi. 2. Elastic the fibers are very stretchy, found in the lungs and arteries to allow the organ to stretch and return to original shape a. vi. 3. Hyaline cartilage the embryonic precursor for bone, in adults, hyaline cartilage makes up the nose, a. vi. 3. b. fibrocartilage provides cushion in the knee joint and between vertebrae a. vi. 3. c. Elastic cartilage found in the frame of the ear a. vi. 4. Bone stores calcium and phosphorous, supports and protects organs, aids in movement a. vi. 5.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers