AMS 315 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: System Of Linear Equations, Symmetric Matrix, Row And Column Vectors

42 views6 pages

Document Summary

The research context is that two or more independent variables and one dependent variable have been observed for each of n participants. Here, i will discuss two independent variables x i. The mathematics and analysis for more independent variables generalize routinely. The research team then has a spreadsheet with n vectors of observations xx i. As in chapter 11, one of the variables (here y) is the outcome variable or dependent variable. This is the variable hypothesized to be affected by the other variables in scientific research. They may be hypothesized to predict the outcome variable or to cause a change in the outcome variable. The research task is to document the association between independent and dependent variables. As before, a recommended first step is to create the scatterplots of observations, with the vertical axis representing the dependent variable and the horizontal axis representing one of the independent variables.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers