HIST 106 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Phyllis Schlafly, Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill, Chicano Movement

46 views7 pages

Document Summary

Clorox bleach advertised itself as birth control as a douche (many people died) You could not get the pill without the permission of a male guardian or husband, or you were over the age of 35. Fought these restrictions, by 1970, 60% of women were using birth control ii. i. i: between 1960 and 1970, the birth rate cut in half i, body autonomy and power were essential to choice. Can you be anti choice and be a feminist: women were concerned about the dangers of illegal abortions, many were taken advantage of during the procedures ii. Growing movement of medical professionals to regulate abortions: 1969- 60% of americans are prochoice, roe v. wade 1973 i. ii. Supreme court made a decision saying that states could not make abortion a crime during the first trimester of pregnancy. Individual liberty to choose their own medical procedure. Black panther movement amongst men that women could not have access to.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers