SOCI 1080 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Hegemonic Masculinity, Blue Book, Binge Drinking

30 views14 pages
14 Feb 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Offender: race black, wearing hoodies, guns, young, walking, in groups. Situation: outside, at night, getting in/out of car. Everyone now can essentially report child abuse cases. Peak high of 15. 3% of children in 1995. Those who are younger than 1 seem to be abused the most. Those who have children who are physically handicapped or mentally ill. Individual: stress and/or learning abuse. Biological: twin study referring to biological approach, identical 78, fraternal 20% = individual personality (self esteem, self control), social network, resources. Theoretical framework discrimination, historical loss, enculturation, and. Loss of language: ex: the loss of language that i find myself is that my mom and dad use to talk indian to each other . After they left, i didn"t hear the language . I try to talk to my family and they don"t speak my language. They understand a little bit so i get emotional when i talk about it .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers