PSY 245 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Schizoaffective Disorder, Psy, Schizophreniform Disorder

5 views2 pages

Document Summary

Hallucinations (sensory experiences in absence of external stimuli) Disorganized speech (rambling speech, erratic behavior, and inappropriate affect) Capgras (someone you know has been replaced by a double) and cotard (she/he is dead) Motivational view defense mechanism for anxiety. Deficit view function of a brain dysfunction. Sensory experience in absence of environmental stimuli or input (exercise) Broca"s area (speech) activated more than wernicke"s area (hearing/comprehension) Prosody (expression of meaning and emotion of language through. Avolition (or apathy) (inability to initiate and persist in. Avolition (or apathy) (inability to initiate and persist in activities) Patient: really don"t want to be here. The time is right and you know, when opportunity knocks . Therapist: i was sorry to hear that your uncle died a few years ago. Patient: he was sick and now he"s gone. He likes to fish with me he"s going to take me hunting. I can shoot you dead in a minute .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers