CCJS 230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Sixth Amendment To The United States Constitution, Fourth Amendment To The United States Constitution, Fifth Amendment To The United States Constitution

54 views5 pages

Document Summary

The colonies were taxed, but had no representation. The people weren"t okay with parliament, the lack of representation taxed items: sugar, tea, printing presses, tobacco, corn, wheat, rum, anything with royal seal. Day to day needs: providing for family and soldiers. General warrants: arrest/search arrest warrants are more specific layout of charges what"s searched/seized? fourth amendment means we have to be detailed in our warrants i think probable cause must be established. If court serving for the crown there may not be a jury. Compelled statements - you must tell us ___ (torture) terrorists and actionable intelligence. Pull you over, smell weed, female pats you down, finds gun, admit weed under seat, go to jail, charged, bond set, offer statement (you just cost me 2000, i was going to sell that for school) Statement can be entered in even if they didnt say miranda as long as they werent being questioned.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers