NURS 412 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Integumentary System, Pressure Ulcer, Subcutaneous Tissue

40 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Describe the accessory structures of the skin. Discuss the major functions of the integumentary system. Describe how normal aging processes affect the integumentary system. Explain how pressure ul(cid:272)ers are for(cid:373)ed a(cid:374)d (cid:449)hat (cid:272)o(cid:374)ditio(cid:374)s (cid:373)a(cid:455) i(cid:374)(cid:272)rease a patie(cid:374)t"s or reside(cid:374)t"s risk of de(cid:448)elopi(cid:374)g a pressure ul(cid:272)er. Describe how the nursing assistant helps to prevent residents and patients from developing pressure ulcers. Most easily observed: cha(cid:374)ge i(cid:374) perso(cid:374)"s (cid:374)or(cid:373)al ski(cid:374) (cid:272)olor (cid:272)a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:272)ate serious health pro(cid:271)le(cid:373) should be reported to nurse immediately. Jaundice: yellow discoloration of skin and whites of eyes: usually associated with liver disorders. Cyanosis: blue or gray discoloration of the skin, lips, and nail beds: skin is not receiving enough oxygen, can be a sign of respiratory or circulatory disorder. Sebaceous (oil) glands: secret sebum: oily substance that lubricates the skin, helps skin from drying out. List and describe the four types of bones found in the skeletal system. Define terms used to describe joint movement.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers