EDUC 108 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Diana Baumrind, Anna Freud, Parenting Styles

34 views3 pages
30 Apr 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Feel close to their parents, respect parents judgment and as individuals, and feel loved. Generation gap is seen more in matters of personal taste than in core values. The time kids spend with their family members decreases as they age. Both anna freud and g stanley hall made it sound as though it was universal and. Parents see issues as matters of right or wrong (customs and conventions) Teens define issues as matters of personal choice. Parent-adolescent conflict: inevitable that all adolescents rebel against their parents and that all parents and adolescents experience intense conflict for many years. Changes in family"s relationship to other social institutions. Diana baumrind suggests 2 critical aspects (dimensions) of parenting: Authoritarian: high demandingness, low warmth (demanding with little conversation my house, my rules ) Authoritative: high demandingness, high warmth (compensation of rules) Permissive: low demandingness, high warmth ( i want to be my child"s best friend ) Shifts in balance of power (parental role decreases)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers