PSY 2012 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Detection Theory, Absolute Threshold, Sensory Neuron

29 views4 pages
22 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This fraction is known as weber"s constant for light f. ii. We tend to detect stimuli we are searching for. Our sensitivities to stimulation provide our brains with information that we use to understand and influence the world outside: light is a symbol of goodness and knowledge b. It is visible light that triggers visual sensation: all forms of electromagnetic energy move in waves, and different kinds of electromagnetic energy have signature wavelengths: c. i. Cosmic rays: the wavelengths of these rays from outer space are only a few trillionths of an inch long c. ii. Radio waves: some radio signals extend for miles c. iii. The size of the pupil adjusts automatically to the amount of light present d. ii. Sympathetic arousal dilates the pupils: once light passes through the iris, it encounters the lens e. i. The lens adjusts or accommodates to the image by changing its thickness: the retina is the area of the inner surface of the eye that contains rods f. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers