HDFS 1070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Domestic Violence, Apache Hadoop, Silent Treatment

32 views3 pages

Document Summary

Hdfs the management of conflict (11/9, exam 3) *the presence of conflict does not mean the absence of satisfaction, conflict is an opportunity to build intimacy, how we mange conflict is the goals we bring. The (cid:395)ui(cid:272)kest way to e(cid:374)d (cid:272)o(cid:374)fli(cid:272)t is to say you"(cid:396)e (cid:396)ight, i"(cid:373) w(cid:396)o(cid:374)g. Avoid/intimacy: people who want intimacy want to talk about the issues & resolve conflict, committed to using the disagreements to get closer, more rational and focused, pursue (one who wants intimacy)/distance (one who wants to avoid) The more you pursue a distancer the more they distance and the more frustrated you get. Win/win (most common ways couples manage conflict), attacking each other: sy(cid:373)(cid:373)et(cid:396)i(cid:272)al es(cid:272)alatio(cid:374)s (cid:894)i say you"(cid:396)e stupid they say you"(cid:396)e wo(cid:396)thless(cid:895) lead to the conflict becoming more intense. Can only stop when one person leaves. Leaving is a good thing because if you stay present it is going to continue to build.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers