PSYC 1103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Internal Validity, External Validity, Behaviorism

36 views2 pages

Document Summary

Brief history of psychology: sigmund freud: psychoanalysis. Emphasis on long-term effects of personal history. Erotic pleasure is underneath everything, but you have to cap and cover it. Personality is the warping of that cap. Social convention = the cap that hides your erotic desires. Parents are responsible for children developing this. Id: pleasure principle, primary process thinking (devil on the shoulder) Superego: moral imperatives and ideals (angel on shoulder) Pushes you and makes you feel like you aren"t good enough: william james. Focus on process, rather than structure: behaviorism. What can you predict is going to happen based on what is happening in the environment. If one event happens, i can predict there will be another event after that. I hear the dishes clattering, i know dinner is ready. Structure of how the study is conducted: research tools. Instruments, techniques used to collect data: research analysis. Statistical techniques for extracting structure from data: experiments. Goal: identify phenomena: experiment: facial feedback.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers