ADV 3001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Nun Study, Angela Duckworth, Christine Brennan

10 views26 pages

Document Summary

De nitions of happiness: subjective well being. Best judge of how happy you are is you: scientists. A positive outlook for the future (optimism: seligman. Pleasure, engagement (purpose in life), meaning: anchor. The joy we feel striving after our potential: lyubomirsky. The experience of joy, contentment, or positive well-being combined with a sense that one"s life is good, meaningful, and worthwhile. Csikszentmihalyi"s model of flow: related to challenge and ability (to meet challenge, apathy: low challenges and ability, leads to sadness/depression, worry: moderate challenges and low ability, leads to sadness and stress. From the greeks, refers to: human ourishing, an objectively desirable life, virtue, steve jobs. The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven"t found it yet, keep looking. As with all matters of the heart, you"ll know when you nd it. What has happened to me in my life. What i do through practice and e ort.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers