INR 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Decolonization, Westminster System

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

It"s not just european empires - mostly europe because it affects today a. i. 1. a. i. 2. a. i. 3. Mostly tech innovations during europe unlike other parts of the world a. ii. 2. Domination by one nation over another through economic or political control a. iii. 2. Exploitative - do something to get something you otherwise don"t have a. iv. Taking exotic products and sell them for much more a. v. Primarily trading systems but the european technology allowed them to exploit a. v. 1. a. What effects did empires have on international relations and development of the modern state? a. vii. Some states needed a lot of territory and control to make it work -- interest a. vii. 1. The spanish crown wanted gold and silver a. vii. 1. a. a. vii. 1. b. a. vii. 1. b. i. So they needed a lot of land to find the materials a. vii. 1. b. ii. Needed local population to mine it = troops in area a. vii. 1. b. iii. Have to est. political control bc the locals would complain a. vii. 1. b. iii. 1. Some needed small colonies, less concerned about controlling region.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers