INR 2001 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Berlin Blockade, Marshall Plan, Baghdad Pact

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Inr2001: chapter 4 lecture the cold war. How does it change the balance of power? a. iii. How does it still affect us today: britain/france b. i. So us/soviet became the powers -- inevitable b. ii. 1. Like sparta and athens --- doomed to fight because: realism is not the whole story powers c. i. If great britain and us were powers, they would have cooperated c. i. 1. Us/ussr had very different ideologies and contrasting: different interpretations world views d. i. Standard view: origins of cold war in expansionist soviet union d. i. 1. Revisionist view: sees origins as driven by us overreaction to ussr actions that were necessary for wwi d. ii. 1. To protect itself, has to control buffer states so they don"t ally with hostiles d. ii. 1. b. Us saw as hostile act, thinking it will push to west d. iii. The states of west europe also sensed danger and prepared d. iii. 1. a. Soviet had to oppress its people to control d. iii. 2. d. iv.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers