CCJ 3024 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: National Incident Based Reporting System, National Crime Victimization Survey, Uniform Crime Reports

85 views5 pages

Document Summary

Annual series of us statistical measure of the incident of selected crimes reported by police departments and compiled by the fbi. To create a system for uniformly measuring crime. First effort to create a national, standardized measure of crime. To measure the effectiveness of local law enforcement. Provide law enforcement w data that could be used to help fight crime. Part i offenses (the most serious offenses), constituted the crime index. Part i offenses: homicide, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, Part ii offenses: simple assault, forgery and counterfeiting, fraud, It was discontinued in 2004 since it skewed toward property crimes. Calculated by adding the total part i offenses until 2004. Stats now show property crimes" and violent crimes". Stealing a car------- different qualification theft" ucr v burglary" in. Police report more serious offenses when multiple offenses are committed in one incident. Includes a schematic presentation of index offenses, crime clock": the relative frequency of crimes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers