PSYC 3230 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Grandiosity, Major Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia

20 views4 pages
26 Mar 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Consciously producing symptoms in order to get some tangible, external benefit. Once the malingering is exposed, the motivation is clear. And clearly attempting to manipulate others to gain a desired end. Trying to get out of something (legal trouble, work); trying to gain something (financial settlement) Can malinger a whole host of symptoms/disorders (physical symptoms, cognitive impairment, dissociative identity) Symptoms under voluntary control but no obvious reason for producing the symptoms e(cid:454)(cid:272)ept possi(cid:271)l(cid:455) assu(cid:373)i(cid:374)g (cid:862)si(cid:272)k role(cid:863) a(cid:374)d getti(cid:374)g atte(cid:374)tio(cid:374), s(cid:455)(cid:373)path(cid:455) (cid:894)i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al (cid:271)e(cid:374)efits(cid:895) May extend to other family members or loved ones (factitious disorder imposed on another: major depressive disorder, persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder. Major depression: bipolar i disorder, bipolar ii disorder, cyclothymic disorder. Lasts most of the day, nearly every day for at least 2 weeks. Loss of energy and inability to engage in pleasurable activities or enjoy pleasurable activities person is engaged in. At least 4 additional physical or cognitive symptoms.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers