INFO 202 Lecture 1: Week 1

21 views2 pages

Document Summary

1/16 intro to course: objective: understand relationships among society, people, organizations, technology + info. Informatics studies design, application, use + impact of info technology. What is technology: extensive use of term after wwii, first used in early 19c, characteristics, creative process involving human ingenuity, people using tools, machines + knowledge to create + control human-build world. Importance of systems, controls + information: practical useful arts. Local applications: shared + standard it applications (core it infrastructure, standard it services, human it infrastructure, it components (core it infrastructure) What is informatics: understanding impact tech has on people, development of new uses for tech, application of information technology in context of another field. Interdisciplinary study of design, application, use + impacts of information technology. Social informatics: body of research that examines social aspects of computerization (cid:862)the i(cid:374)te(cid:396)discipli(cid:374)a(cid:396)(cid:455) stud(cid:455) of the design, uses, and consequences of information technologies that takes i(cid:374)to accou(cid:374)t thei(cid:396) i(cid:374)te(cid:396)actio(cid:374) with i(cid:374)stitutio(cid:374)al a(cid:374)d cultu(cid:396)al co(cid:374)te(cid:454)ts. (cid:863) (cid:894)kli(cid:374)g, 1999(cid:895)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers