GRN 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Long-Term Memory, Maximum Life Span

51 views3 pages

Document Summary

Life course: life span: the period between birth and present, or birth and death. Individual life span- what a person actually lives. Expected life span- what a cohort can statistically expect to live. Frequency: tra(cid:374)sitio(cid:374): a cha(cid:374)ge i(cid:374) (cid:858)state of existence(cid:859, usually involves a triggering event, may be direct: we are right there to experience the event, may be indirect: my daughter has a baby. I became a grandfather: non repeatable transitions- things that you ca(cid:374)(cid:859)t change or get back 9/15, experiences: events, transitions, or situations that may somehow interest or affect us. Direct personal experiences: everyone is here in class. Indirect personal experience: telling your friends about the class after, indirect. Indirect impersonal experiences: posting something about class on social media, newspapers, magazines: turning points: experiences that have significant impacts on life - Experience filters: factors that affect how experiences are sensed and perceived, and how they gain personal meaning.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers