KIN 110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: White Bread, Glycogen, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

25 views2 pages

Document Summary

You"ve probably heard the term glycemic index (g. i). A measure of food"s efect on raising blood glucose level compared to a reference food . Pure glucose or white bread are the reference food ; deined as g. i. The higher the blood glucose response to a food, the higher its g. i. G. i = blood glucose response blood glucose response. By calculaing the area under the curve, we can determine whether a food has a high, medium or low glycemic index. Physical acivity before or ater eaing the food. Protein, iber and fat content of the food. Therefore, g. i. of carbohydrate foods depends on more than just whether it is simple or complex. ~50% of energy from an american diet is cho. So, if you eat a total of 2400 kcal/day cho = 1200 kcal = 300g. Major health organizaions think this should be around 50-55% Sugar leads to hyperacivity in children false. High sugar intake leads to high blood lipids true.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers