PSY 335 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Crisis Management, Positive Psychology, Jargon

41 views3 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Important to me: then asked to pick top 5 from very important to me and discuss. An assessment measure designed to identify an individuals character strength. Created by christopher peterson and martin seligman: well known positive psychology researchers. Helps people recognize and build upon their strengths. Via survey assesses strengths of character, 240 questions, 30-40 minutes for adults 18+ Strengths fall into one of six categories of virtues that emerge consistently from historical surveys, universal, endorsed across time and cultures: wisdom and knowledge, courage, love and humanity, temperance, spirituality and transcendence. Assessments for concerned significant other and identified patient. If my loved one continues to act the way she or he has been acting in the last. Across different domains rated from completely unhappy to completely happy: examples. Assessment across domains of employment, drug/alcohol abuse, medical, legal issues, family/social relationships and psychiatric status in life threatening situation. Ratings range from no treatment necessary to treatment needed to intervene.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers