NURS 371 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Nasal Cannula, Lung Biopsy, Mantoux Test

19 views14 pages
29 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

N371 (content in red covered in primer recording) Common assessment abnormalities- review table 26-7: geriatric considerations- review table 26-4. Manifestations of respiratory compromise: hypoxemia decreased oxygen in blood. Not to be confused with hypoxia, lack of oxygen getting to tissue caused by hypoxemia a. i. Look at pao2: amount of oxygen dissolved in the blood ~ normal is 80- 100, most patients don"t show true manifestations until approx. Apprehensive, irritable, confusion, lethargy big red flags. Subtle changes in behavior can signify respiratory issues our brains are very sensitive to oxygen levels a. i. 2. Tachypnea(fast breathing to get more oxygen), doe(soa with exertion) a. i. 3. Tachycardia(heart pumps faster to get more oxygenated blood), htn, dysrhythmias a. i. 4. Diaphoresis, decreased u/o(possibly due to not getting enough oxygen to kidneys kidneys are sensitive to oxygen levels), fatigue a. ii. Late findings more extreme than early findings - organs can begin to fail due to lack of oxygen a. ii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers