MKT 3340 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Nonprobability Sampling, Sampling Error, Sample Size Determination

50 views3 pages

Document Summary

Calculate minimum sample size to obtain desired level of accuracy. Why sample: a census is expensive & still has measurement errors. Basic concepts: population, sample, sample frame, sampling error. Census measurement of everyone in the population. Sample subset of the population (representative of the population) Sample frame master list of all members of the population: sample frame error error due to sample frame imperfectly overlapping population. Canadians phone number for a american target market research. Sample error error in survey due to using a sample. Can cause by: method of sample selection, sample size. If i want to 95% confident that i am 4 percent within true proportion, what sample size do i need: exm. 5"4 is average, sigma is 1. 965 about 2: 95% is between 5"0 and 5"8. Sample size is determined by: desired precision. Usually expressed in percentage terms: eg. +/- 5% or +/- 1: confidence level, degree of variability across the population, resources available.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers